I suggest you ...

Bring Picture Manager back to Office bundle

MS took picture manager out of Office 2013. Ever since then MANY people have been complaining the the Win 8/10 "replacements" are inadequate. They are not functional matches for Picture Manager, therefore they are not real replacements.

Picture manager is available as part of some other free Office tool downloads. But they are for Office 2007 and are soon to be disappeared.

Please add Picture manager back to the Office installer.

Or, create a standalone installer for Picture manager and include links to that installer in the Office bundles so people can find it easily.

401 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ron007 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff commented  · 

Yes, please bring back the old Picture Manager. It was much, much better than current programs in Windows 10 and Office 16. As I understand it, just about all of the problems I encounter with Microsoft these days (this program and others like Edge etc.) is because Microsoft has placed tiny screen smartphone use and convenience over desktops. Apparently Microsoft has decided Desktops are on the way out. So instead of designing programs that could operate (i.e. interact) with the user differently depending on if you are on a tiny screen phone or a dual 27" screen PC, they all work as though every one is using a single tiny screen. Apparently it is just too difficult for the current programmers and their managers to program the ability for the users to turn on/off menus, scrollbars, etc. Since these things are problematic on small screens, Microsoft decreed they should not be allowed anywhere. Users who employ PC's as part of their productive work, are no longer a class supported by Microsoft. I think it is very bad now, but future versions of Office will also likely be designed for the tiny screen as well (I mean Microsoft has apparently decided PC's no longer have value). The reason why the old Picture Manager has been trashed by Microsoft is that it does not function (or so they think) as well on a tiny screen as do their new versions. Thus Microsoft decreed Picture Manager must go. That Picture Manager is functionally better does not matter. Productivity in not part of the equation for Microsoft. Gradually that attitude (productivity does not matter) is taking over all of Microsoft. YOU MUST ACCEPT THE NEW WORLD ORDER OF TINY SCREENS!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Microsoft = IDIOTS !! Best, easy picture manager to do the stuff that users want removed from the user community.

• Noele Edwards commented  · 

Microsoft needs to provide an easy download for the MS Office Picture Manager. After the uproar of removing it on Office 2013, a RESPONSIVE company would have brought it back for Office 2016. Are the folks in Mountain View deaf to their customer's needs and requests? Stop telling us that there's sufficient editing software in the other programs. That's FAKE. Bring Picture Manager back, or give us a way to download it separately.

• Verna commented  · 

I have been so frustrated with the disappearance of Picture Manager. It was easy and quick to use. I need a program that I can quickly edit a large folder of photos (300-400) at a time. None of the other work-arounds suggested comes close to matching the ability and speed of Picture Manager. Please bring it back!

• mustafa commented  · 

it was very important

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would like this back please

• Anonymous commented  · 

Useful tools are needed and this was one I relied on!

• David Nava commented  · 

Very disappointed to see another good one bite the dust with change.

• Wassam commented  · 

The picture manager is one of the best tools, it is a loss.
        we request to call it back or if it is replaced it should contain the same tools

• Cyberchristie commented  · 

Yes! Please bring it back, I can't stand Paint.

• naif commented  · 

MS picture manager is the best SW for picture honestly, i dont know why the un-smart move to remove it

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hey - just updated and now no Picture Manager! At least let us keep the old one. I have nothing now.

• Marty commented  · 

I agree completely. It was my go to program to handle photographs. Thank goodness I just finished "improving" the 600 odd photos taken at my daughters wedding in May under Microsoft Office 2007. Because this is no longer supported, I upgraded to Office 2016 and now I can no longer work with my photo collection.

• SRBrown commented  · 

I use picture manager on a nearly daily basis. I NEED picture manager.

• Anonymous commented  · 

absolutely want picture manager!! Can't scale on new software!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please Bring back MS Office Picture Manager!!!

• ron007 commented  · 

Look on page 2 of the ocmments. There are instructions for getting free copies of picture manager

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base