I suggest you ...

Return Clip Art Library

Clip Art is easier to use for newbies than searching all over the web. I'm a seasoned user and I still find it extremely tedious to search the web for an image, many of them have watermarks in them that makes them unusable.

I was helping someone design a pamphlet the other day, they had never done anything like this, only basic word documents. I was annoyed that the function to search for images was so limited and they couldn't find anything that they liked. Browsing the web to find an image, save it to their pc, and insert it into the pamphlet was too much for them to grasp. Not a user friendly choice, Microsoft.

Bring back the clip art library. Better interface for beginners and the image selection was always very extensive. I miss it.

2,129 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrea shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

90 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ID commented  · 

please give us a easy download -- too difficult to search . nothing found is really free

• Anonymous commented  · 

The other sites either charge money, only have photos that are NOT printer friendly or have a watermark included. I loved the Office Clip Art and could usually find a printer-friendly picture to jazz up my printed publications

• Anonymous commented  · 

The Clip Art library was a great place to get SAFE, free clipart on the fly. When you need something in a hurry, it's not optimal to have to spend an hour looking for an image, and then find out on top of it that you moved from the free image section to the "you have to sign up and pay" section.

The Clip Art Gallery offered virus free files that were safe to download, instantly usable, compatible with Office, and had a variety of what people look for. Please bring it back.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please please please bring back clip art library! My company does not allow employees to download icons from websites. So now I have no clipart ;-(

• Anonymous commented  · 

For the computer user who is not extremely proficient, the Clip Art Library was an easy way to add an illustration to a letter or document.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Het was zo handig ik stem voor terug brengen van deze hulp.
        gre

• Doris Güttler commented  · 

Dear Microsoft Team,
        yesterday I looked for a Christmas picture. All I got was one picture of an ugly Father Christmas. In former times there was a great variety of pictures, and I admit, beautiful ones. Like the other users before me, I beg you to bring back the clip art library.

• Andrew McIntyre commented  · 

Are you kidding? Online pictures aren't vector and clipart is. Bring it back!

• Laurie commented  · 

PLEEEEEASE bring back clip art. Our corporation no longer lets us search the web for images to use in our presentations simply because we have to assume that the images are copy written and without specific consent, we are not allowed to use them.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Bummer! Why did you retire Clip Art???? Not fair at all...

• Sidna Bookout commented  · 

When did this happen? I produce a 16-page newsletter every month using Word 2010 and I use a ton of clip art for filler. When I took over this project two years ago, my predecessor told me to use Goggle for clip art, but it is too inconvenient for me to go out of my document every time I need clip art. I am devastated to say the least!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Don't use it often, but Clip Art is very helpful!!

• Marianne Collins commented  · 

I agree with the comment above. Clip Art was so easy to use and there were plenty of pictures to choose from. BRING IT BACK....

• Anonymous commented  · 

ABSOLUTELY BRING IT BACK!!!! Especially nice for older folks that used it as a go to that was simple to use!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm devastated that the Clip Art Library is no longer available. I do graphics for my church i.e. posters, ads, flyers, etc. I could always find something that was appropriate for whatever the event was. PLEASE RETURN THE CLIP ART LIBRARY!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please bring back clip art for office. I use it so much

• Mary Lou commented  · 

I hope that you once again retain the services of Mr./Mrs. Clip Art. Sometimes you just need it "fast". If I have the time, I love to shuffle thru different genres of illustrations. Thank you for bringing this up and hosting the "like"/"dislike" showdown.

• Anonymous commented  · 

WHAT IN BLAZES DOES 'CLIP ART' HAVE TO DO WITH TRYING TO IMPORT PHOTOS FROM MY CAMERA CARD TO MY LAPTOP? I AM A LOST SOLE! pLEASE PROVIDE ME WITH USEFUL AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND INSTRUCTIONS AS TO HOW I CAN IMPORT PHOTOS FROM MY CAMERA CARD TO MY LAPTOP! PLEASE!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base