I suggest you ...

Esperanto keyboard support

Currently Windows does not natively support Esperanto keyboard. The Esperanto special characters can only by typed with additional keyboard drivers (such as EK). I therefore request native Esperanto keyboard support.

Vindozo ankoraŭ ne ebligas la tajpadon de esperantaj literoj (ĉ, ĝ, ĥ...), sen akcesoraj programoj. Mi tial sugestas, ke tiu malavantaĝo estu forigita.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Oliver Kim shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Elhana is a troll and has been vandalizing Esperanto-related Wikipedia articles and has been posting troll comments on a variety of language-relates sites, but especially against Esperanto. Google for the words Elhana Esperanto and you will find many entries.

• Anonymous commented  · 

>There is no such thing as an Esperanto keyboard.
        Incorrect and irrelevant. Re-paint your keyboard and you have an Esperanto keyboard. I do not care about the letters painted on the keys, I need the proper encoding.

>Not its layout is standardized nor such a keyboard actually exists..
        Then why does Android support it?

>You cannot add support for something that does not exist, can you?
        Other operating systems already support it! You do not have an argument.

>You cannot add support for something that does not exist, can you?
        It does exist and people are already typing Esperanto characters. So support already exists, but this support is over third-party software. Evidently you have no understanding on how character coding works. You seem to think that the characters that can be typed on a keyboard depend on the color of the letters painted on the keys. The fact is that it is already possible to type Esperanto using ANY keyboard. Because the keyboards operate the same, regardless on how the characters are painted. You know, the keyboard sends a digital signal to the computer, a signal which is is only converted to the actual character by the computer, and does not depend on the keyboard itself. This conversion of the signal to the character requires the installation of additional keyboard drivers, which is inconvenient, but which is already done by those who need to type the Esperanto characters. The request is that these keyboard drivers are included in the operating system, as already the case with many other character sets. You should inform yourself beforehand before you post incorrect information.

• Elhana commented  · 

There is no such thing as an Esperanto keyboard. Not its layout is standardized, nor such a keyboard actually exists.
        You cannot add support for something that does not exist, can you?

Feedback and Knowledge Base